- His trademark sneer and slur are the result of forceps complications during his birth.
- Inspired to write Rocky after watching the 1975 Muhammad Ali/Chuck Wepner fight. In that bout, Wepner, a little-known boxer, went 15 rounds with Ali.
- Rocky cost $1.1 million to make, and grossed $225 million in ticket sales worldwide.
- Did all of his own singing in the 1984 film Rhinestone, costarring Dolly Parton.
- In 2003, the American Film Institute ranked Rocky Balboa seventh on their list of the 100 Greatest Movie Heroes.
- Was given a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1984.
- Lobbied the University of Miami (where he had attended in the '60s) to use his film experience towards his degree; he received a Bachelor of Fine Arts from the school in 1998.
- In 2010, made the International Boxing Hall of Fame (as a screenwriter).
- Broke his neck while filming a fight scene with Steve Austin in The Expendables.
- Is the sixth person to be nominated for an Academy Award for playing the same character in two separate films, with his nominations for Rocky (1976) and Creed (2015).
- His three daughters - Sophia, Sistine and Scarlet - were all jointly named Miss Golden Globe 2017.
- Supports the efforts of the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence.
- 1986, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Motion Picture Actor: Winner
- 0, — :
- 1978, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Screenplay: Nominee
- 1977, Writers Guild Awards — Original Drama: Nominee
- 2015, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Supporting Actor: Winner
- 1976, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 2016, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in Any Motion Picture: Winner
- 1977, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama: Nominee
- 2015, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 1977, Golden Globe — Best Screenplay - Motion Picture: Nominee
- 1978, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Actor: Nominee
- 1976, Oscar — Best Writing (Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen--based on factual material or on story material not previously publishe: Nominee
- Toni D'Alto — Half Sister
- Scarlet Rose Stallone — Daughter
- Seargeoh Stallone — Son
- Jackie Stallone — Mother
- Sasha Czack — Ex-wife
- Janice Dickinson — Ex-significant Other
- Sage Stallone — Son
- Janine Turner — Ex-significant Other
- Brigitte Nielsen — Ex-wife
- Angie Everhart — Ex-significant Other
- Sistine Rose Stallone — Daughter
- Frank Stallone — Father
- Jennifer Flavin-Stallone — Wife
- Sophia Rose Stallone — Daughter
- Frank Stallone — Brother
- Attended American College of Switzerland, Leysin, Switzerland; University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida, United States (BFA, 1998)
- Birth Name: Sylvester Gardenzio Stallone
- Birth Place: New York, New York, United States
- Profession: Actor, Director, Screenwriter, Producer
Trending TonightSee all »
The cast on its best-ofs
By Warner Home VideoBuy New: $7.23
My So-Called Career In Hollywood -- how I got Lost In Space, arrested on Gilligan's Island, kicked out of Mayberry, roughed up by Sylvester Stallone,...
By Three Hole Punch PublishingBuy New: $15.99
- Buy New: $5.99