- Started swimming competitively as a young child because she was inspired by her older brother.
- Led Stanford University's swimming team to a NCAA championship in 1992.
- Was the most decorated U.S. swimmer at the 1992 Olympics, winning four medals: two gold, one silver and one bronze.
- Briefly came out of retirement in 1995, but retired again after not making the 1996 Olympic team.
- Was named a Special Ambassador for Sports for UNICEF in 1996.
- Is the author of the 1999 book Champions Are Raised, Not Born: How My Parents Made Me a Success.
- Some of the many TV shows she's hosted include Inside Stuff, The Sports List and Skating With Celebrities; she's worked for the NBA and the NFL; and she's been a contributor for the Today show, Rachael Ray and Good Morning America.
- Inducted into the International Swimming Hall of Fame in 2002.
- Released a prenatal workout video in 2009 (Summer Sanders' Prenatal Workout).
- Bob Sanders — Father
- Barbara Sanders — Mother
- Mark Henderson — Ex-husband
- Trevor Sanders — Brother
- Erik Schlopy — Husband
- Charles Robert Spider Schlopy — Son
- Skye Bella Schlopy — Daughter
- Stanford University, Stanford, CA (1994)
- Birth Name: Summer Elisabeth Sanders
- Birth Place: Roseville, CA
- Birthday: October 13, 1972, Libra
- Profession: Former swimmer, Sports broadcaster, TV-show host