Boyishly handsome with a winning smile, this native New Yorker started out in theater before he began booking TV gigs, including a one-year stint on the soap As the World Turns, which introduced him to his first wife, Finn Carter. But 1990 was Weber's breakthrough year: Not only did he earn kudos for his portrayal of JFK in the miniseries The Kennedys of Massachusetts, he landed his signature role as a goofy, girl-crazy pilot on Wings. During his tenure on the lightweight sitcom, Weber popped up in a variety of film roles that showcased his undeniable charm: a cheating boyfriend in Single White Female, a gay man who swears off sex in Jeffrey and a comedic vampire hunter in Dracula: Dead and Loving It. Yet his affable attributes seemed diminished on the big screen, and TV remained Weber's medium. He was chilling in his devilish turn as a murderous husband in the miniseries adaptation of Stephen King's 'The Shining,' the first in a string of successful small-screen collaborations with the horror icon. In the '00s, Weber tried tackling his own eponymous sitcom, which was prophetically renamed Cursed before being canceled, and returned to his old stage stomping grounds in the Broadway musical The Producers. After a couple of failed series and a slew of guest spots, he snagged his best role in years, as a hard-nosed TV executive on Aaron Sorkin's Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, a series set behind the scenes of a late-night sketch-comedy show that proved surprisingly short-lived. The ABC mystery Happy Town didn't fare any better, but Weber remained a TV fixture nonetheless, putting in guest stints on a number of popular series, including Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and Brothers & Sisters.
- Worked as an elevator operator at a health club before becoming an actor.
- Was a member of the Off-Broadway Mirror Repertory Company.
- Made his big-screen debut in the 1984 comedy The Flamingo Kid.
- Breakthrough role came with the NBC sitcom Wings, on which he played the owner of a small Massachusetts airline for eight seasons.
- Won a Best Actor Award from the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Films for the 1997 miniseries Stephen King's 'The Shining.'
- Has starred on several short-lived TV series, including The Weber Show, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and Happy Town.
- Stuart Weber — Father
- Alfie James Weber — Son
- Finn Carter — Ex-wife
- Fran Leslie — Mother
- Juliette Hohnen — Wife (separated)
- Jack Alexander Hohnen-Weber — Son
- Attended State University of New York, Purchase, NY
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Place: New York, NY
- Birthday: March 4, 1961, Pisces
- Profession: Actor, Producer, Screenwriter
- User Rating:
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. A.D. The Bible Continues: The First Martyr
- 6. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 7. Jane The Virgin: Chapter Twenty-One