- Began his career as a drummer but turned to singing before forming Aerosmith in 1970; also plays harmonica, keyboards and guitar.
- Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with Aerosmith in 2001.
- Appeared as Santa Claus in a 2002 episode of Lizzie McGuire on the Disney Channel.
- Awarded an honorary degree from Boston's Berklee College of Music in 2003.
- In 2006, told Access Hollywood that he had been diagnosed with Hepatitis C in 2003.
- In 2007, motorcycle enthusiast Tyler cofounded Red Wing Motorcycles, a company featuring custom-made vehicles that changed its name to Dirico Custom Motorcycles in 2011.
- On January 19, 2011, made his debut as an American Idol judge for the talent show's 10th-season premiere.
- In 2011, joined other celebrities, including Al Roker and Katherine Heigl, whose likenesses have become Cabbage Patch Kid dolls to raise money for the Children's Action Network, which increases awareness of foster care and adoption.
- 1998, Grammy — Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal: Winner
- 1994, Grammy — Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal: Winner
- 1993, Grammy — Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal: Winner
- 2012, CMT Music Awards — CMT Performance of the Year: Nominee
- 1990, Grammy — Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal: Winner
- Teresa Barrick — Ex-wife
- Chelsea Tallarico — Daughter
- Mia Tyler — Daughter
- Liv Tyler — Daughter
- Susan Tallarico — Mother
- Bebe Buell — Ex-significant Other
- Taj Tallarico — Son
- Victor Tallarico — Father
- Erin Brady — Fiancée
- Cyrinda Foxe — Ex-wife
Season 1, Episode 3
- Birth Name: Steven Victor Tallarico
- Birth Place: Yonkers, NY
- Birthday: March 26, 1948, Aries
- Profession: Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Actor