- Caught the acting bug at age 5 after he was cast as George Washington in a school play.
- Acted in regional and repertory theater for 10 years prior to being cast in the 1984 Death of a Salesman Broadway revival with Dustin Hoffman.
- Played the role of Lt. Col. Jessep in the Broadway version of A Few Good Men before it became a movie.
- Gained 35 pounds to play the titular character in the 1991 made-for-TV movie Babe Ruth.
- Wrote and starred in the acclaimed one-man play Beyond the Glory, in which he portrayed eight Medal of Honor recipients.
- Served as co-artistic director (with Carlin Glynn and Lee Grant) of the famed Actors Studio during the mid-2000s.
- 1991, Tony — Actor (Featured Role--Play): Nominee
- Noah Lang — Son
- Jane Lang — Sister
- David Lang — Brother
- Kristina Watson — Wife
- Lucy Jane Lang — Daughter
- Theresa Lang — Mother
- Grace Lang — Daughter
- Daniel Lang — Son
- Eugene Lang — Father
- Swarthmore College, Swarthmore, PA (BA in English Literature, 1973)
- Birth Place: Queens, NY
- Birthday: July 11, 1952, Cancer
- Profession: Actor, Playwright
Trending TonightSee all »
Sterling K. Brown's story will blow your mind