- While many of his stories take place in Maine, he wrote and set his 1977 novel The Shining in Colorado.
- Occasionally appears in film adaptations of his books. He portrayed two different characters in Creepshow (1982) and Creepshow 2 (1987).
- Helmed the 1986 feature Maximum Overdrive, based on his short story Trucks. The film was a critical dud and earned him a Razzie Award nomination as Worst Director.
- Dedicated The Dark Half — a novel about a writer who ends the life of his pseudonym — to Richard Bachman, which is his pen name.
- Performed with the Rock Bottom Remainders, a rock band comprised of writers including Dave Barry, Ridley Pearson, Scott Turow, Amy Tan and Simpsons creator Matt Groening.
- Collaborated with John Mellencamp on his first play, Ghost Brothers of Darkland County, which debuted in at Alliance Theatre in Atlanta in 2012.
- A diehard fan of the Boston Red Sox.
- 1997, Emmy — Outstanding Miniseries: Nominee
- 1994, Emmy — Outstanding Miniseries: Nominee
- Naomi Rachel King — Daughter
- Guy Pillsbury — Grandfather
- Nellie Ruth Pillsbury — Mother
- Nellie Pillsbury — Grandmother
- David King — Brother
- Joe Hill — Son
- Tabitha King — Wife
- Owen King — Son
- Donald Edwin King — Father
- University of Maine, Orono, ME (BA in English, 1970)
- Birth Name: Stephen Edwin King
- Birth Place: Portland, ME
- Profession: Writer, Producer, Director
Trending TonightSee all »
Slaying the enemies of Jesus with the angel Castiel