Stephen Dillane Celebrity Watchlist
- Began working as a journalist for the Croydon Advertiser after studying history and political science in college, but quit to become an actor after reading an article about Trevor Eve, who gave up architecture for a thespian career.
- Enrolled at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School in 1982 to study drama, which later led to starring roles in a 1993 London production of Tony Kushner's Angels in America and Peter Hall's 1994 production of Shakespeare's Hamlet.
- Gained international renown as an actor by playing a journalist, his former profession, in 1998's Welcome to Sarajevo.
- Won a BAFTA Best Actor award for the British TV-movie The Shooting of Thomas Hurndall (2008).
- 2000, Tony — Actor (Play): Winner
- 2008, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie: Nominee
- 2002, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2000, Olivier Awards — Best Actor: Nominee
- Bridget Dillane — Mother
- Richard Dillane — Brother
- Naomi Wirthner — Significant Other
- John Dillane — Father
- Frank Dillane — Son
- Seamus Dillane — Son
- Attended University of Exeter, Exeter, Devon, England
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 7. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative