Sophina Brown Celebrity Watchlist
- Wanted to be an actress from the age of 4.
- From seventh to 12th grade attended a performing arts school for half of each school day.
- Appeared as Carmen in the national touring company of Fame---The Musical.
- Broadway debut was as Nala in The Lion King.
- Moved to Los Angeles to build up credits in TV and movies in hopes of returning to do live theater in New York.
- Had a recurring role on the sketch-comedy series Chappelle's Show.
- Appeared in the 2007 Diane Keaton movie Because I Said So.
- Coproduced and starred in a 2008 production of Harold Pinter's Betrayal in Los Angeles.
- Enjoys bowling.
- On preferring the stage to TV and film, she told DallasBlack.com: "There's nothing like performing live. You don't feel that energy in film or television. That's one of the reasons my heart will always be rooted in theater."
- Henry Simmons — Husband
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (BFA in Theater Performance)
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 7. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative