This former Tournament of Roses Parade Queen caught the acting bug in high school and started landing small movie parts in her early twenties. After a recurring role as a bisexual teen on Nip/Tuck
, Bush came to prominence as sexy Brooke Davis on One Tree Hill
in 2003, and while the show was on hiatus, she took on some big-screen roles in films such as John Tucker Must Die
. However, it was her off-screen antics that won her the most attention. After a whirlwind romance with her One Tree Hill
costar Chad Michael Murray, the two married and separated in 2005, yet continued to play on-screen lovers. Murray and Bush's characters eventually followed their real-life counterparts and broke up, but Bush continued to date other costars off screen: In 2008 she dated James Lafferty, and by 2009 she was dating Austin Nichols. She's also branched out beyond just acting by campaigning for Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential election and directing several episodes of One Tree Hill
.Sophia Bush Fast Facts:
- Was the Tournament of Roses Parade Queen in 2000.
- Admitted into the drama program and studied journalism at USC; also a member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority, where she served as social chairperson.
- Involved in a non-profit organization called the Millennium Development Project, which seeks to reduce poverty and protect the environment.
- Directed one episode a season for the last three seasons of One Tree Hill.
- Campaigned for Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential election and encouraged young people to vote.
- Sophia Bush Relationships:
- Austin Nichols - Ex-significant Other
- Dan Fredinburg - Ex-significant Other
- James Lafferty - Ex-significant Other
- Chad Michael Murray - Ex-husband
- Charles William Bush - Father
- Maureen Bush - Mother
- Jon Foster - Ex-significant Other
- Attended University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, United States