Silas Weir Mitchell Celebrity
- Was named after a 19th-century ancestor, a physician and author.
- First role ever was as Hansel in a third-grade production of Hansel and Gretel.
- Acted on stage in New York City before beginning his MFA program at the University of California, San Diego.
- Directed a dramatic short film called Song in a Convenience Store in 2010.
- Known mostly for playing unstable and disturbing characters before landing the role of reformed lupine clockmaker Monroe on NBC's Grimm in 2011.
- Brown University, Providence, RI (BA in Theatre and Religion, 1991); University of California, San Diego, CA (MFA in Theatre Arts, 1995)