- Mother is a former ballerina; father is a stand-up comedian/rodeo clown who once toured as the Doobie Brothers' opening act.
- Began performing raunchy stand-up comedy at age 10, and had hired an agent through the Yellow Pages by the time he was 13.
- Breakout role was Louis Stevens on the Disney Channel sitcom Even Stevens, which won him a 2003 Daytime Emmy Award.
- Was accepted into Yale University in New Haven, CT, but put off plans to attend in order to focus on his acting career.
- Appeared in movies from big-budget blockbusters like I, Robot (2004) and the Transformers trilogy (2007-2011) to indie films such as The Battle of Shaker Heights (2003) and Bobby (2006).
- Convinced Dito Montiel, director of 2006's A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints, that he could handle the dramatic role by punching a hole in a casting-office wall.
- Suffered serious damage to his left hand in a 2008 auto accident in Los Angeles, requiring multiple surgeries.
- Completed the 2010 Los Angeles Marathon in 4 hours, 35 minutes.
- Appeared in the music video for Sia's "Elastic Heart" in 2015.
- 2017, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Supporting Male: Nominee
- 2008, BAFTA Film Awards — Rising Star Award: Winner
- 2006, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2006, Sundance Film Festival — Dramatic Special Jury Award: Best Ensemble Performance: Winner
- Jeffrey LaBeouf — Father
- Shayna Saide — Mother
- Carey Mulligan — Ex-significant Other
- Mia Goth — Significant Other
- China Brezner — Ex-significant Other
- Karolyn Pho — Ex-significant Other
- Birth Name: Shia Saide LaBeouf
- Birth Place: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
New year calls for a clean slate