Sherri Shepherd Celebrity
- Moved to Los Angeles while she was still in high school.
- Was inspired to pursue stand-up comedy after seeing Andrew Dice Clay perform in 1990.
- Worked as a legal secretary while doing stand-up at night. (She had also considered becoming a mortician.)
- Early breaks on television came with roles on Ellen Cleghorne's 1990s show Cleghorne! and, in the following decade, on Less Than Perfect, with Sara Rue and Andy Dick.
- Replaced Star Jones as a host on The View in 2007. Her debut was less than auspicious: During a discussion about evolution, she nervously admitted to not knowing that the world was round, adding, as she told New York magazine, "I'm just trying to take care of my son." Her remark drew warm responses from viewers, who said they cared less about Earth's shape than about caring for their children.
- Her painful 2006 divorce helped inspire her sitcom, Sherri, which debuted on Lifetime in 2009.
- Published her autobiography Permission Slips: Every Woman's Guide to Giving Herself a Break in 2009.
- She is the spokesperson for YAI Network, which spreads public awareness about the needs and abilities of people with developmental disabilities.
- 2009, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Jeffrey — Son
- Lamar Sally — Husband (separated)
- Jeff Tarpley — Ex-husband
- Lawrence — Father
- LaVerne — Mother
Trending TonightSee all »
By Beachbody Inc.,Usually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $72.80 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
By Beachbody Inc.,Usually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $139.80 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $0.00 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)