- In 2007, won every major event entered, including the American Classic, the American Cup, the Pan Am Games, the U.S. Championships and the World Championships.
- Became the fourth American gymnast to win the World Championships, and only the second American gymnast to win three gold medals in a world event.
- Governor Chet Culver declared October 17 as Shawn Johnson Day in the state of Iowa.
- Represented in Coca-Cola's Six Pack promotion for the 2008 Olympics, along with triathlete Andy Potts, basketball star LeBron James and three former gold medalists: swimmer Natalie Coughlin, sprinter Sanya Richards and taekwondo champ Steven Lopez.
- Took home four medals from the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing: a gold for the beam, and a silver each in team, all-around and floor.
- Honored with a bronze, life-sized statue in the Iowa Hall of Pride in Des Moines.
- Won season 8 of Dancing with the Stars with partner Mark Ballas.
- Teri Johnson — Mother
- Doug Johnson — Father
- Andrew East — Husband
- Birth Name: Shawn Machel Johnson
- Birth Place: Des Moines, Iowa, United States
- Profession: Gymnast
Trending TonightSee all »
It needs some work