- Began her career as a child model, then was signed by an agent and started acting at age 5.
- Like Amy Juergens, her character on The Secret Life of the American Teenager, her parents got divorced when she was a freshman in high school.
- Was diagnosed with scoliosis at age 15 and had to wear a brace on her back for almost 18 months (she took the brace off while working).
- Was named as one of Entertainment Weekly's 10 Breakout Stars of 2008.
- Describes herself as more outgoing than her Secret Life character.
- Says she and her family enjoy camping.
- Her nickname is Shai.
- 2014, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Female Lead: Nominee
- 2012, Critics' Choice Movie Awards — Best Supporting Actress: Nominee
- 2013, Sundance Film Festival — U.S. Dramatic Special Jury Award for Acting: Winner
- 2012, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2015, BAFTA Film Awards — Rising Star Award: Nominee
- 2012, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Supporting Female: Winner
- 2015, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Movie Duo: Winner
- 2012, Critics' Choice Movie Awards — Best Young Actor/Actress: Nominee
- 2016, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Action Movie Actress: Winner
- 2015, Critics' Choice Movie Awards — Best Actress in an Action Movie: Nominee
- 2011, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Lori Woodley — Mother
- Loni Woodley — Father
- Tanner Woodley — Brother
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Shailene Diann Woodley
- Birth Place: Simi Valley, CA
- Birthday: November 15, 1991, Scorpio
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Grey's Anatomy is obviously a big influence on Tay Tay