Seth Green was just 7 years old when he began appearing in commercials. At 10 he graduated to film and TV, and quickly racked up an impressive array of credits, including a plum part as Woody Allen's adolescent alter ego in the auteur's 1987 film Radio Days
. Although Green was capable of tackling dramatic roles (It
and a slew of other TV-movies), he proved to be particularly adept at comedy and made frequent guest spots on sitcoms. But 1997 was his breakthrough year---he was hilarious in a small part as Dr. Evil's surly son in Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
and landed a recurring role as a lovesick werewolf on the series Buffy the Vampire Slayer
. Both gigs upped his profile, and soon he was stealing scenes in a string of supporting turns: a drugged-out club kid in Party Monster
a goofy tech geek in The Italian Job
and a canoer in over his head in Without a Paddle.
He also lent his distinctive timbre to a number of animated series, including Family Guy
and Robot Chicken
, which he also cocreated, cowrote, directed and produced. In 2009, he proved his fondness for professional wresting by becoming an unlikely host for an episode of WWE Raw
and even competed in a six-man tag team match for the show. He also turned his not-so-secret passion for the Star Wars
universe into a development deal with Lucasfilm Animation to create a sitcom based on the franchise. In his spare time, Green is an avid movie watcher and lives in Los Angeles.Seth Green Fast Facts:
- At age 7, got his start appearing in commercials, among them Lee Jeans, Burger King, Kodak, Fruit Loops and Jell-O Pudding Pops.
- Along with Breckin Meyer and Alexander Martin (grandson of Dean Martin), played in the short-lived band Bellyroom.
- Got offered a part in Carrot Top's Chairman of the Board (1998), but turned it down to play Scott Evil in 1997's Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery.
- Although he originally had a small role in the 1992 movie Buffy the Vampire Slayer, his part was left on the cutting-room floor. Five years later he became a star on the TV series of the same name.
- Long before he played Alyson Hannigan's boyfriend on the TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, he portrayed her love interest in the 1988 comedy My Stepmother Is an Alien.
- Cocreator of The Freshman comic book.
- Won an Annie Award in 2008 for Directing in an Animated Television Production for Robot Chicken Star Wars.
- Seth Green Relationships:
- Barbara Green - Mother
- Herbert Green - Father
- Kaela Green - Sister
- Clare Grant - Wife
- Seth Green Awards:
- 2011 Emmy: Outstanding Animated Program - Nominee
- 2007 Emmy: Outstanding Animated Program (for Programming Less Than One Hour) - Nominee
- 2009 Emmy: Outstanding Voice-Over Performance - Nominee
- 2008 Emmy: Outstanding Animated Program (for Programming Less Than One Hour) - Nominee
- 2009 Emmy: Outstanding Animated Program (for Programming Less Than One Hour) - Nominee
- 2010 Emmy: Outstanding Voice-Over Performance - Nominee
- 2010 Emmy: Outstanding Short-format Animated Program - Winner
- 2011 Emmy: Outstanding Voice-Over Performance - Nominee
- 2012 Emmy: Outstanding Short-format Animated Program - Nominee
- 2013 Emmy: Outstanding Short-format Animated Program - Nominee
- 2013 Emmy: Outstanding Voice-Over Performance - Nominee
- 2011 Emmy: Outstanding Short-format Animated Program - Nominee