- At age 14, became a tennis pro.
- In 1999, won the U.S. Open women's singles title and became the first black woman to win a Grand Slam professional tennis tournament since Althea Gibson in 1958.
- Faced sister Venus in the final of the 1999 Lipton Championships, making it the first time since 1884 that two sisters had faced each other in the final of a pro event (Venus won).
- Won gold medals in women's doubles at the 2000 and 2008 Summer Olympics with sister Venus.
- Completed the "Serena Slam" by winning four straight Grand Slam events in 2002 (French Open, Wimbledon, U.S. Open) and 2003 (Australian Open), beating sister Venus in all four finals.
- Starred with Venus in the reality TV series Venus and Serena: For Real, which debuted in 2005.
- After winning her fifth Wimbledon singles title in 2012, tennis great John McEnroe declared her the greatest female player of all time.
- Has designed clothing for Puma, Nike and her own fashion line, Aneres (her name spelled backwards).
- Owns a small stake in the Miami Dolphins franchise.
- Lyndrea — Half Sister
- Isha — Half Sister
- Richard Williams — Father
- Common — Ex-significant Other
- Yetunde Price — Half Sister
- Oracene Williams — Mother
- Venus Williams — Sister
- Art Institute of Florida, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Trending TonightSee all »
By ABC NewsUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $14.95 (as of 5:29 PM UTC - more info)
By Charlie Rose, Inc.Usually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $24.95 (as of 5:29 PM UTC - more info)
By GreenwoodUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $31.50 (as of 5:29 PM UTC - more info)