- At age 23, contracted lupus, which caused the scars on his face.
- Worked as an electrical engineer and a designer of leather clothing before his music career took off. Also designed his own early look, which consisted of leather clothes and long dreadlocks.
- Joined a funk band called Push that toured Japan in the mid-1980s.
- In 1992, received three Brit awards for Best Album, Best Male Artist and Best Video for "Killer," a hit song he recorded with techno producer Adam "Adamski" Tinley.
- 2010, Grammy — Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals: Winner
- 1995, Grammy — Song of the Year: Winner
- 1995, Grammy — Record of the Year: Winner
- 1995, Grammy — Best Male Pop Vocal Performance: Winner
- 2007, Golden Globe — Best Original Song - Motion Picture: Nominee
- Francis Samuel — Father
- Johan Riley Fyodor Taiwo Samuel — Son
- Tatjana Patitz — Ex-significant Other
- Lou Sulola Samuel — Daughter
- Adebisi Samuel — Mother
- Leni Samuel — Daughter
- Heidi Klum — Ex-wife
- Henry Gunther Ademola Dashtu Samuel — Son
- Joyce Samuel — Stepmother
- Birth Name: Sealhenry Olusegun Olumide Samuel
- Birth Place: London, England
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter
Trending TonightSee all »
We went to Puppy Bowl XIII to speak to the puppies directly about the allegations of certain players illegally eating adult dog food instead of puppy food, the dirtiest fouls to ever stink up the field and so much more
By ANCHOR BAYBuy New: $7.99
By Running PressBuy New: $8.50
The Greatest Music Never Sold: Secrets of Legendary Lost Albums by David Bowie, Seal, Beastie Boys, Chicago, Mick Jagger, and More!
By Backbeat BooksBuy New: $17.86