- Began his journalism career at the age of 15 at the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal in Lubbock, Texas.
- Joined CBS News as a New York-based reporter in 1989.
- Worked as a White House correspondent from 1997 to 1999.
- Was one of the first reporters on the scene after the collapse of the Twin Towers on September 11, 2001.
- Inducted into the Texas Tech University alumni Hall of Fame in 2006.
- 2016, Writers Guild Awards — TV News Script - Regularly Scheduled, Bulletin, or Breaking Report: Winner
- 2015, Writers Guild Awards — TV News Script - Analysis, Feature, or Commentary: Winner
- Jane Boone Pelley — Wife
- Blair Pelley — Daughter
- Wanda Graves-Pelley — Mother
- John Pelley — Brother
- Reece Pelley — Son
- John Elmer Pelley Jr. — Father
- Attended Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas, United States
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Scott Cameron Pelley
- Birth Place: San Antonio, Texas, United States
- Profession: Anchor
Trending TonightSee all »
The Amazing Race returns