- Studied acting at the Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute in New York City.
- Made her stage debut in 1993 at New York's Playwright Horizon Theatre in Sophistry; her screen debut was the following year in Rob Reiner's North.
- Her parents, sister and twin brother have walk-on parts in 1996's Manny & Lo, a film that garnered Johansson an Independent Spirit Award nomination for Best Female Lead at age 12.
- Was cast by director Robert Redford in the pivotal part of Grace in The Horse Whisperer (1998) after losing the lead role in The Parent Trap to Lindsay Lohan.
- Voiced the character of Mindy in 2004's The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- Replaced Kate Winslet in the role of Nola Rice in Woody Allen's Match Point (2005) when Winslet backed out to spend more time with her family.
- Sang duets with Pete Yorn on the 2009 album Break Up inspired by the songs of Serge Gainsbourg and Brigitte Bardot.
- Made her Broadway debut in the 2010 revival of Arthur Miller's A View From the Bridge, for which she won a Tony Award playing the part of Catherine.
- 1997, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Female Lead: Nominee
- 2016, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Actress in an Action Movie: Nominee
- 2014, Critics' Choice Movie Awards — Best Supporting Actress: Nominee
- 2003, Venice Film Festival — Countercurrent Prize for Best Actress: Winner
- 2004, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Supporting Actress: Nominee
- 2004, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Actress in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 2004, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Actress in a Leading Role: Winner
- 2013, Rome International Film Festival — Best Actress: Winner
- 2015, Critics' Choice Movie Awards — Best Actress in an Action Movie: Nominee
- 2006, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2004, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 2010, Tony — Actress (Featured Role--Play): Winner
- 2004, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama: Nominee
- 2005, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama: Nominee
- Melanie Johansson — Mother
- Vanessa Johansson — Sister
- Hunter Johansson — Brother
- Adrian Johansson — Brother
- Karsten Johansson — Father
- Ryan Reynolds — Ex-husband
- Nate Naylor — Ex-significant Other
- Romain Dauriac — Husband (separated)
- Sean Penn — Ex-significant Other
- Josh Hartnett — Ex-significant Other
- Christian Johansson — Half Brother
- Rose Dorothy Dauriac — Daughter
- Birth Name: Scarlett Johansson
- Birth Place: New York, New York, United States
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Saturday Night Live's fake perfume commercial takes aim at the first daughter.