- Performed first stand-up routine at a club in Boston at the age of 17.
- Dropped out of NYU and tried her luck with a series of open-mic appearances in Manhattan that eventually led to gigs around the country, and a stint, at age 22, as writer and performer for Saturday Night Live.
- Appeared on Seinfeld as one of Kramer's girlfriends during the 1996-97 season; and landed a small role as one of Cameron Diaz's pals in 1998's There's Something About Mary.
- Prepared for her 2005 movie Sarah Silverman: Jesus Is Magic by revisiting some of her favorite concert films, including Eddie Murphy: Delirious and Bill Cosby---'Himself'.
- Real-life sister Laura Silverman played her sister on The Sarah Silverman Program.
- Has written for several magazines, including Playboy and Esquire.
- 2014, Emmy — Outstanding Variety Special: Nominee
- 2008, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2008, Emmy — Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics: Winner
- 2008, Emmy — Outstanding Special Class - Short-Format Live-Action Entertainment Programs: Nominee
- 2009, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2015, Writers Guild Awards — Comedy/Variety - Music, Awards, Tributes - Specials: Nominee
- 2015, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 2014, Emmy — Outstanding Writing for a Variety Special: Winner
- Alec Sulkin — Ex-significant Other
- Laura Silverman — Sister
- Dave Attell — Ex-significant Other
- Jimmy Kimmel — Ex-significant Other
- Donald Silverman — Father
- Michael Sheen — Significant Other
- Jodyne Speyer — Stepsister
- Susan Silverman-Abramowitz — Sister
- Beth Ann O'Hara — Mother
- Sam Seder — Ex-significant Other
- Attended New York University, New York, New York, United States
- Birth Name: Sarah Bennett Silverman
- Birth Place: Bedford, New Hampshire, United States
- Profession: Comedian, Actor, Writer
Trending TonightSee all »
The excitement was real!