Sarah Polley Celebrity
- Made her big-screen debut with a bit part in the 1985 Disney movie One Magic Christmas.
- Began living on her own when she was 15; dropped out of high school during her senior year to devote more time to political activism.
- Went to high school with actor Scott Speedman, who played her husband in the 2003 drama My Life Without Me.
- After directing several acclaimed short films and studying at Toronto's Canadian Film Centre, helmed her first full-length movie, the award-winning Away From Her, in 2006.
- The political activist has been involved in such causes as public health, human rights, global trade and efforts to combat poverty.
- Battles government attempts to cut funding for artists in Canada.
- 2007, Oscar — Best Writing (Adapted Screenplay): Nominee
- 2007, Genie Awards — Best Adapted Screenplay: Winner
- 2007, Genie Awards — Best Achievement in Direction: Winner
- 2007, Genie Awards — Claude Jutra Award for Direction of a First Feature Film: Winner
- 1997, Genie Awards — Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 2001, Genie Awards — Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 1997, Genie Awards — Best Achievement in Music - Original Song: Nominee
- 2002, Genie Awards — Best Live Action Short Drama: Winner
- 2013, Canadian Screen Awards — Ted Rogers Best Feature Length Documentary Award: Winner
- 2003, Genie Awards — Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: Winner
- David Sandomierski — Husband
- Joanna Polley — Sister
- David Wharnsby — Ex-husband
- Michael Polley — Father
- John Buchan — Half Brother
- Mark Polley — Brother
- Susan Buchan — Half Sister
- Diane Polley — Mother
Trending TonightSee all »
By BeachbodyUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $72.80 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
By Beachbody Inc.,Usually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $139.80 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
By PBS (DIRECT)Usually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $24.76 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)