Primarily a small-screen player, this plucky comic actress started out as teen environmental reporter on the series KidZone in her native Canada. In 1993 she took over the role of Roseanne's eldest daughter from Lecy Goranson on the comedian's eponymous sitcom. After the show ended in 1997, Chalke appeared in a number of low-rent TV-movies. But in 2001 she got her biggest break to date as an addled doctor on the wacky hospital sitcom Scrubs. After losing her aunt and grandmother to breast cancer, Chalke is passionately involved with the cause, starring in the 2006 Lifetime movie Why I Wore Lipstick to My Mastectomy and acting as an ambassador for Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
- At 8, started appearing in local Vancouver musical theater productions.
- Began her TV career as an environmental reporter on the Canadian children's series KidZone.
- Got her big break in the U.S. in 1993 when she replaced Lecy Goranson as Becky Conner on Roseanne. Her first episode had the Conner family watching a Bewitched rerun, during which Chalke's Becky No. 2 smartly proclaims, "Well, I like the second Darrin much better."
- Scrubs creator and executive producer Bill Lawrence paid her $500 when she won a dare to go to Starbucks in fishnets, heels and feather fans.
- Had a recurring role on How I Met Your Mother as Stella, a girl who left Ted at the altar.
- Guest-starred on an episode of Grey's Anatomy that was based on her son's health struggles.
- Member of the Audrey Hepburn Children's Fund advisory board.
- Doug Chalke — Father
- Angie Chalke — Mother
- Jamie Afifi — Fiancé
- Charlie Rhodes Afifi — Son
- Piper — Sister
- Natasha — Sister
- Frankie — Daughter
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Sarah Cassandra Chalke
- Birth Place: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
The Bones series finale!