Sanya Richards-Ross Celebrity
- Moved from Jamaica to Florida with her family at age 12.
- Just before leaving Jamaica, her mother said, "You are a faster than a speeding bullet," and gave Richards a necklace with a bullet pendant that she still wears as a good-luck charm.
- Twice named Florida High School Female Athlete of the Year.
- Graduated with a 4.0 GPA and a National Honor Society membership.
- Became a U.S. citizen in 2002.
- Won Olympic gold in the 4x400m relay in 2004 and 2008, and bronze in the 400m in 2008.
- Diagnosed with Behcet's syndrome, an immune-system disease that causes skin lesions, in 2007.
- Her pre-game marriage proposal in 2007 from fiancé Aaron Ross, cornerback for the New York Giants, was televised nationally during halftime by NBC; their 2010 nuptials were featured on the Season 4 finale of Platinum Weddings.
- Co-owns an Austin hair salon with her mom and sister.
- Newton Richards — Father
- Sharon Richards — Mother
- Shari Richards — Sister
- Aaron Ross — Husband
- University of Texas, Austin, TX (BBA in Management Information Systems, 2006)
Trending TonightSee all »
By Beachbody Inc.,Usually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $139.80 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $1.99 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
By PBS (DIRECT)Usually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $24.76 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)