- Worked as a bricklayer before pursuing an acting career.
- Studied acting at the National Institute of Dramatic Art in Kensington, New South Wales, Australia.
- Debuted as an actor in a stage production of Judas Kiss at Belvoir Street Theatre in Sydney.
- Won the 2004 Australian Film Institute Award for Best Male Actor in Somersault, the first film ever to win AFIs in all 13 categories.
- In 2006, was seriously considered for the role of James Bond, which went to Daniel Craig.
- Had sold all of his belongings and was living in a car before his big break in Avatar (2009).
- Received the Australians in Film Breakthrough Award in 2009.
- In 2010, founded production company Full Clip Productions with John and Michael Schwarz.
- Starred in 2012 film Man on a Ledge, with most of his scenes shot while 200 feet up from the ground, despite a fear of heights.
- 2004, Australian Film Institute Awards — Best Actor in a Leading Role: Winner
- 2010, Australian Film Institute Awards — International Award for Best Actor: Winner
- 2000, Australian Film Institute Awards — Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Nominee
- Natalie Mark — Ex-significant Other
- Ron Worthington — Father
- Maeve Dermody — Ex-significant Other
- Rocket Zot Worthington — Son
- Lara Bingle — Wife
- Crystal Humphries — Ex-significant Other
- Lucinda — Sister
- Jeanne Worthington — Mother
- Birth Name: Samuel Henry John Worthington
- Birth Place: Godalming, Surrey, England
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
The CW's Riverdale gang is a lot like these Dawson's Creek characters