- Born in New Orleans but raised in Los Angeles.
- Was a classmate of Angela Bassett's at Yale University's School of Drama.
- Trained in Shakespearean theater; first professional acting gig was in a play in New York City.
- Her big break came in 1984 when she auditioned for and won the role of Sondra Huxtable on The Cosby Show; Whitney Houston had also tried out for the part.
- Enrolled in UCLA's interior-design program in 1993; has her own interior-design business.
- In 2000, appeared in The Diva Daughters DuPree at the Robey Theatre Company in Los Angeles.
- Michael Reynolds — Ex-husband
- University of California, Los Angeles, CA (BA in Theater, 1980); Yale University, School of Drama, New Haven, CT (MFA in Acting, 1983)
- Birth Place: New Orleans, LA
- Profession: Actor, Interior designer
Trending TonightSee all »
TVGuide.com editors break down theories about what's coming up on The Walking Dead