- Youngest of four children; two of his three older brothers are police officers.
- Failed his high-school drama class.
- Made his feature-film debut in 1993's Ordinary Magic.
- Developed a fear of flying after a skydiving incident at age 17 when his parachute didn't open.
- Was named People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive in 2010; that same year, his then-wife, Scarlett Johansson, was named GQ's Babe of the Year.
- Occasionally blogs for the Huffington Post.
- Is on the board of directors of the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research; his father had the disease, before dying in 2015.
- 2011, Goya Awards — Best Leading Actor: Nominee
- 2015, Canadian Screen Awards — Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 2012, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Movie Superhero: Winner
- Scarlett Johansson — Ex-wife
- Blake Lively — Wife
- James — Daughter
- Alanis Morissette — Ex-fiancée
- Jim Reynolds — Father
- Tammy Reynolds — Mother
- Rachael Leigh Cook — Ex-significant Other
- Attended Kwantlen University College, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
- Birth Name: Ryan Rodney Reynolds
- Birth Place: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Birthday: October 23, 1976, Libra
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Before you see the Ryan Reynolds movie, here's what you need to know