- Played basketball in high school, in addition to swimming.
- Has a tattoo of the Olympic rings on the inside of his right bicep.
- Earned gold (4x200 freestyle relay) and silver (200m individual medley) medals at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens.
- Broke SEC records that were 11 years old (100m butterfly) and nine years old (400m IM) while attending the University of Florida.
- Won his first individual gold medal at an international long-course event in the 200m backstroke at the 2007 World Championships, snapping Aaron Peirsol's seven-year win streak in the event. The next month, Lochte also broke Peirsol's six-year unbeaten streak in the 100m backstroke.
- Posed in a fashion shoot for VMan magazine and a "Got milk?" print ad along with other Olympians and graced the August 2008 cover of Men's Journal with Michael Phelps.
- Won four medals, two gold and two bronze, at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing.
- Appeared on the cover of Vogue magazine with Serena Williams and Hope Solo in June 2012, becoming only the fourth man to be on the cover in the history of the magazine.
- Claimed five medals (two gold, two silver, one bronze) at the 2012 Olympics in London, bringing his Olympic total to 11.
- In 2013, starred in the short-lived reality series What Would Ryan Lochte Do?, which chronicled his daily life and search for love.
- Won gold as part of the men's 4x200m relay team at the 2016 Olympics in Rio.
- Kayla Rae Reid — Fiancée
- Ike Lochte — Mother
- Megan — Sister
- Kristin — Sister
- Devon Lochte — Brother
- Brandon Lochte — Brother
- Steve Lochte — Father
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, United States (BS in Sports Management, 2006)
- Birth Name: Ryan Steven Lochte
- Birth Place: Rochester, New York, United States
- Profession: Swimmer
Trending TonightSee all »
Supernatural's biggest stars are apparently too famous to remember Richard Speight Jr and Rob Benedict.