- Got into acting as a teen when, on his way to a swimming lesson, was discovered by a casting agent at his brother's audition.
- Earned a nomination for a Silver Logie for Most Popular Actor Award in 2002 for the role of Vinnie Patterson on long-running Australian soap Home and Away.
- Commitment to physical fitness runs in family (father a noted paddle boarder, mother an avid runner); lifelong interest in sports includes teen welterweight boxing championships, swimming, surfing, running, biathlon and Vinyasa yoga.
- Avid Scrabble player.
- 2009, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2010, Australian Film Institute Awards — International Award for Best Actor: Nominee
- Kris Kwanten — Mother
- Bree Desborough — Ex-significant Other
- Mitchell Kwanten — Brother
- Eddie Kwanten — Father
- Lloyd Kwanten — Brother
- Taylor Cole — Ex-significant Other
- University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Season 12, Episode 8
- Birth Name: Ryan Christian Kwanten
- Birth Place: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Birthday: November 28, 1976, Sagittarius
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: