Rutger Hauer Celebrity Watchlist
- Parents were actors.
- The grandson of a sea captain, he ran away at age 15 to work on a freighter.
- Served in the Dutch army, but pretended to be mentally unfit for military service and was discharged.
- Was the spokesperson for Guinness stout for six years.
- In 1995, a Dutch stamp was issued portraying his role as Eric Vonk in Turkish Delight (1973).
- In 2000, founded the Starfish Association, which helps children and pregnant women with HIV/AIDS.
- Favorite film role is Roy Batty in 1982's Blade Runner.
- The title of his 2007 memoir, All Those Moments: Stories of Heroes, Villains, Replicants, and Blade Runners, is taken from part of a speech made by his character in Blade Runner.
- Founded the I've Seen Films International Film Festival in 2007.
- Is an environmental activist.
- Fluent in English, German, French, Italian, Dutch and Frisian languages.
- Enjoys riding motorcycles.
- 1988, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Winner
- 1995, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- Heidi Merz — Ex-wife
- Arend Hauer — Father
- Aysha Hauer — Daughter
- Ineke ten Kate — Wife
- Teunke Hauer — Mother
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative
- 7. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage