- Began singing at the age of 3 and performed with her two-year-old sister at her grandfather's political rallies in Maysville, Ky.
- Moved to Cincinnati to live with her maternal grandparents at the age of 13.
- Rose to fame with the 1951 hit "Come On-a My House," which she disliked, but was told she would be fired if she didn't record.
- Made her film debut in 1953 musical The Stars are Singing.
- A friend of Robert F. Kennedy, she was at the Ambassador Hotel when the senator was assassinated in 1968.
- Was nominated for an Emmy in 1994 for appearing on ER, which starred nephew George Clooney, as an Alzheimer's patient.
- Son Gabriel is married to singer Debby Boone.
- 1957, Emmy — Best Female Personality- Continuing Performance: Nominee
- 1995, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1956, Emmy — Best Female Singer: Nominee
- Gabriel Ferrer — Son
- Dante DiPaolo — Husband
- Rafael Ferrer — Son
- Miguel Ferrer — Son
- Nick Clooney — Brother
- José Ferrer — Ex-husband
- George Clooney — Nephew
- Maria Murdoch — Daughter
- Monsita Teresa Botwick — Daughter
- Betty Clooney — Sister
- Andrew Clooney — Father
- Marie Clooney — Mother
- Birth Place: Maysville, KY
- Birthday: May 23, 1928, Gemini
- Died: June 29, 2002
- Profession: Singer, actor