This sultry Puerto Rican beauty queen traded pageants for parts in 1996 with a yearlong stint on the daytime soap As the World Turns. Sanchez alternated between the small and big screens, but her prime-time TV shows were short-lived (Fame L.A., Dragnet) and her movie parts mostly decorative (Rush Hour 2, Basic). In 2005 a turn as an assistant district attorney on the short-lived remake of Kojak boosted her career and she went on to join the cast of the veteran hit Without a Trace, finally finding success as an actress.
- Named Miss Puerto Rico Petite in 1993, and Miss America Petite the following year.
- After starring on a popular sitcom in Puerto Rico, she moved to New York in the mid-90s hoping to be an instant success but ended up struggling for a number of years.
- Wrote and starred in Out Here on My Own, a one-woman show about her life in the Big Apple that lasted one night. Her parents visited her for the first time in order to see it.
- Landed her first English-speaking role as Pilar Domingo on As the World Turns in 1996.
- Released her debut CD, Borinqueña, featuring the single "Amor Amor," in 2003.
- Joined the cast of Without a Trace in 2005, playing agent Elena Delgado.
- Appeared in a anti-fur ad for PETA in 2007.
- Gary Stretch — Ex-husband
- Sebella Rose Winter — Daughter
- Eric Winter — Husband
- Attended University of Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico
- Birth Place: San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Profession: Actor, Singer
Trending TonightSee all »
Looking back at the last decade of the Oscar-nominee's style.