This sultry Puerto Rican beauty queen traded pageants for parts in 1996 with a yearlong stint on the daytime soap As the World Turns
. Sanchez alternated between the small and big screens, but her prime-time TV shows were short-lived (Fame L.A.
) and her movie parts mostly decorative (Rush Hour 2
). In 2005 a turn as an assistant district attorney on the short-lived remake of Kojak
boosted her career and she went on to join the cast of the veteran hit Without a Trace
, finally finding success as an actress.Roselyn Sanchez Fast Facts:
- Named Miss Puerto Rico Petite in 1993, and Miss America Petite the following year.
- After starring on a popular sitcom in Puerto Rico, she moved to New York in the mid-90s hoping to be an instant success but ended up struggling for a number of years.
- Wrote and starred in Out Here on My Own, a one-woman show about her life in the Big Apple that lasted one night. Her parents visited her for the first time in order to see it.
- Landed her first English-speaking role as Pilar Domingo on As the World Turns in 1996.
- Released her debut CD, Borinqueña, featuring the single "Amor Amor," in 2003.
- Joined the cast of Without a Trace in 2005, playing agent Elena Delgado.
- Appeared in a anti-fur ad for PETA in 2007.
- Roselyn Sanchez Relationships:
- Sebella Rose Winter - Daughter
- Gary Stretch - Ex-husband
- Eric Winter - Husband
- Attended University of Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico