- Was captain of the football team, art director of the yearbook and president of the drama club in high school.
- As a teen was credited with saving 77 lives as a lifeguard.
- Began work as a radio sports announcer and called games for the Chicago Cubs.
- Won a seven-year contract with Warner Bros. in 1937 after taking a screen test.
- Served as a captain in the U.S. Army during World War II.
- Appeared in 53 movies, including Knute Rockne: All American.
- Elected president of the Screen Actors Guild in 1947.
- Elected governor of California in 1966; re-elected in 1970.
- Became the 40th U.S. president in 1981 and served two terms.
- Survived an assassination attempt only 69 days after taking office.
- Dubbed the Soviet Union "the evil empire" and implemented the "Reagan Doctrine," which provided aid to anti-communist movements; famously challenged Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev to tear down the Berlin Wall; it was torn down in 1989.
- Was gifted as an orator and become known as "The Great Communicator."
- 1957, Golden Globe — Hollywood Citizenship Award: Winner
- Maureen Reagan — Daughter
- Christine Reagan — Daughter
- Nelle Wilson Reagan — Mother
- John Edward "Jack" Reagan — Father
- Nancy Reagan — Wife
- Michael Reagan — Son
- Patti Davis — Daughter
- Jane Wyman — Ex-wife
- Ron Reagan — Son
- Eureka College, Eureka, Illinois, United States (BA Economics/Sociology, 1932)
Trending TonightSee all »
By Warner BrothersUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $6.49 (as of 10:40 PM UTC - more info)
Ronald Reagan - The Signature Collection (Knute Rockne All American / Kings Row / The Hasty Heart / Storm Warning / The Winning Team)
By Warner Home VideoUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $21.29 (as of 10:40 PM UTC - more info)
Ronald Reagan in Hollywood: Movies and Politics (Cambridge Studies in the History of Mass Communication)
By Cambridge University PressUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $121.28 (as of 10:40 PM UTC - more info)