- Broke into the film business as a cowriter of the low-budget crime drama Highway Dragnet (1954).
- After moving into directing, frequently helmed several movies a year, including nine in 1957 alone.
- Provided early career boosts for a number of future Hollywood legends, including Francis Ford Coppola, Peter Fonda, Jack Nicholson and Martin Scorsese.
- Mostly retired from directing in the early '70s to focus on producing.
- Released an autobiography, How I Made a Hundred Movies in Hollywood and Never Lost a Dime, in 1990.
- Known as the "king of the B's" or the "king of schlock" for the numerous low-budget genre movies he's produced.
- 2009, Oscar — Honorary Award: Winner
- Mary — Daughter
- Catherine — Daughter
- Gene Corman — Brother
- Julie Corman — Wife
- Stanford University, Stanford, CA (BS in Industrial Engineering, 1947); attended University of Oxford, Balliol College, Oxford, England
- Birth Name: Roger William Corman
- Birth Place: Detroit, MI
- Profession: Producer, Director, Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
March Madness, The Blacklist: Redemption and more