- Was primarily a stage actress early in her career, with acclaimed turns in the plays Madame Melville, The Seagull and Noises Off, among others.
- Breakthrough TV role came with the HBO Western Deadwood, on which she played the tough-talking Calamity Jane.
- First major big-screen appearance was in Steven Soderbergh's 2006 drama The Good German.
- In 2007, landed the part of Lt. Karen Davis on NBC police drama Life.
- 2006, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2004, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Brandeis University, Waltham, MA (1991); New York University, New York, NY (MFA in Acting)
Season 5, Episode 21
- Birth Place: Washington, DC
- Birthday: July 7, 1969, Cancer
- Profession: Actor