- As a teen worked at the Bel-Air Country Club and caddied for stars including Clark Gable, Fred Astaire and Alan Ladd, which fueled his desire to be an actor.
- Film debut was in 1950's The Happy Years, which led to a series of minor film roles that culminated with his Golden Globe-nominated performance in Stars and Stripes Forever (1952).
- Gained respect by playing Spencer Tracy's son in 1954's Broken Lance and as a killer in 1956's A Kiss Before Dying.
- Transitioned to TV in 1968 as the lead in It Takes a Thief; continued to find TV-series success with roles on Switch and Hart to Hart.
- Made his producing debut in 1972 with the TV-movie Madame Sin, in which he starred opposite Bette Davis.
- Revived his film career in the late '90s with appearances as the evil Number Two in the Austin Powers trilogy.
- Received a star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame in 2002.
- Published the memoir Pieces of My Heart in 2008.
- Wives Natalie Wood and Jill St. John and Hart to Hart costar Stefanie Powers were in the same ballet class as kids.
- In 2011, was cast as the voice of Charlie in the planned TV reboot of Charlie's Angels. Wagner also has a stake in the Angels TV franchise as the result of a 1970's-deal with producer Aaron Spelling.
- 1980, People's Choice Awards — Favorite Male Performer in a New TV Program: Winner
- 1981, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- 1980, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- 1970, Golden Globe — Actor in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- 1984, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- 1983, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- 1953, Golden Globe — New Star of the Year - Actor: Nominee
- 1970, Emmy — Outstanding Continued Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Dramatic Series: Nominee
- Barbara Stanwyck — Ex-significant Other
- Natasha Gregson Wagner — Stepdaughter
- Katie Wagner — Daughter
- Marion Marshall — Ex-wife
- Courtney Brooke Wagner — Daughter
- Robert John Wagner Sr. — Father
- Jill St. John — Wife
- Natalie Wood — Wife (deceased)
- Birth Name: Robert John Wagner Jr.
- Birth Place: Detroit, Michigan, United States
- Profession: Actor, Producer
Trending TonightSee all »
The Pretty Little Liars actor says Caleb is ready to tie the knot with Hanna