- Recruited by guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist/keyboardist John Paul Jones to join their post-Yardbirds band in 1968; recommended his friend, drummer John Bonham, to round out the lineup, and Led Zeppelin was born.
- The band made its recording debut in 1969 with a self-titled album that featured future classics "Communication Breakdown" and "Good Times Bad Times."
- Released his first solo record, 1982's Pictures at Eleven, two years after Zeppelin broke up in the wake of Bonham's death.
- Reunited with Page in 1994 for the No Quarter live CD and TV special, which were followed by an album of original material, Walking into Clarksdale, four years later.
- Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, along with the other members of Led Zeppelin, in 1995.
- Was made an Order of the British Empire Commander---for "services to Music"---in 2008.
- 2008, Grammy — Record of the Year: Winner
- 2009, CMT Music Awards — Wide Open Country Video of the Year: Nominee
- 2008, Grammy — Best Country Collaboration With Vocals: Winner
- 2007, Grammy — Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals: Winner
- 2008, Grammy — Best Contemporary Folk/Americana Album: Winner
- 2008, CMT Music Awards — Wide Open Country Video of the Year: Winner
- 2013, Grammy — Best Rock Album: Winner
- 2009, CMT Music Awards — CMT Performance of the Year: Nominee
- 2008, Grammy — Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals: Winner
- 2008, Grammy — Album of the Year: Winner
- 1998, Grammy — Best Hard Rock Performance: Winner
- Carmen — Daughter
- Karac — Son
- Maureen Wilson — Ex-wife
- Logan Romero — Son
- Birth Name: Robert Anthony Plant
- Birth Place: Birmingham, England
- Birthday: August 20, 1948, Leo
- Profession: Singer