- Played football in college.
- Wanted to be a journalist before deciding to pursue acting.
- Served in the Army as a reporter for the Caribbean Forces Network.
- Studied acting with Stella Adler.
- His first film appearance was a small part in 1956's Somebody Up There Likes Me.
- Made his directorial debut in 1979, with an episode of Quincy, and became a member of the Directors Guild of America. He also directed episodes of Magnum, P.I.
- In 1988, played the toymaker who danced on the giant keyboard with Tom Hanks in Big.
- 2001, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 1985, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 1990, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Kristina Loggia — Daughter
- Marjorie Sloan — Ex-wife
- Cynthia Marlette Loggia — Stepdaughter
- Audrey O'Brien — Wife
- John Loggia — Son
- Benjamin Loggia — Father
- Tracey Loggia — Daughter
- Elena Blandino Loggia — Mother
- Attended Wagner College, Staten Island, New York, United States; University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri, United States (BA in Journalism, 1951); attended the Actors Studio, New York, New York, United States
- Birth Place: Staten Island, New York, United States
- Died: December 4, 2015
- Profession: Actor, Director
Trending TonightSee all »
Empire and more!