- Started playing music in elementary school, practicing the French horn and flute (he switched to the guitar without initially telling his parents). He plays the guitar, piano and mandolin.
- Was accepted into law school, but chose not to go.
- After college, he worked as a disc jockey, copywriter and rock guitarist before turning to acting.
- Was in a serious car accident in July 1978 that resulted in burns over 65 percent of his body and the amputation of both legs. He spent six months at University of California-Irvine's Regional Burn Center and several years in physical therapy; he walks on two prosthetic limbs.
- While still working as a DJ, he began auditioning for film and TV roles, landing his first part in the 1983 Chevy Chase movie Deal of the Century.
- Was a board member on the National Organization on Disability from 2004 to 2005; is the National Chairman of the Performers with Disabilities Caucus for SAG, AFTRA and EQUITY.
- Served a term as a National Board Member of SAG.
- Volunteers with burn victims and amputees; is a member of the Mutual Amputee Foundation.
- Is on the board of Mark Taper Forum's Other Voices Project, which promotes empowerment of writers and performers with disabilities.
- Does frequent public-speaking engagements.
- Released his debut album, Things They Don't Teach You in High School, in 2010. It features Americana roots music---including his own compositions---and was recorded, appropriately, in Austin.
- 2001, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2002, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2003, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2004, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Winner
- Andrew Hall — Son
- Mary Martha Davies — Mother
- Robert Franklin Hall — Father
- Connie Cole — Ex-wife
- Susan Petroni — Ex-wife
- Judy Stearns — Wife
- University of California, Los Angeles, CA (BA in English Literature, 1971)
Season 2, Episode 11
- Birth Place: East Orange, NJ
- Birthday: November 9, 1947, Scorpio
- Profession: Actor, Singer, Musician
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: