- Was born on an American military base in Germany and grew up in South Carolina and Florida.
- Named one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World by People magazine.
- Received three Grammy awards for his chart-topping collaboration with Carlos Santana on "Smooth," a song he cowrote as a love song to his wife, Marisol.
- Won the Songwriters Hall of Fame's premiere Starlight Award in 2004.
- Established the Sidewalk Angels Foundation, a nonprofit organization that provides assistance to people and animals in need.
- 1999, Grammy — Record of the Year: Winner
- 1999, Grammy — Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals: Winner
- Melissa — Half Sister
- Marisol Maldonado Thomas — Wife
- Maison Avery William Thomas — Son
- Bill Thomas — Father
- Mamie Thomas — Mother
- Birth Name: Robert Kelly Thomas
- Birth Place: Landstuhl, West Germany
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter
Trending TonightSee all »
March Madness, The Blacklist: Redemption and more