- Father ran a successful catering business in New Jersey.
- First met Larry David at summer camp when they were in their early teens.
- Graduated from Ohio State with a degree in marketing and worked as a copywriter at an ad agency before turning to stand-up comedy.
- As a struggling comedian, received a $1,000 loan from David Brenner, allowing Lewis to quit his job and focus on comedy full-time.
- Fierce supporter of OSU – was the Grand Marshal at the 1995 homecoming parade and was on the sidelines when the football team played in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl.
- Wrote his memoir, The Other Great Depression, in 2000.
- 2005, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- Bill Lewis — Father
- Janet — Sister
- Robert Lewis — Brother
- Joyce Lapinsky — Wife
- Blanche Lewis — Mother
- Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, United States (1969)
Season 1, Episode 16
- Birth Name: Richard Philip Lewis
- Birth Place: Brooklyn, New York, United States
- Birthday: June 29, 1947, Cancer
- Profession: Comedian, Actor, Writer