- Studied classical piano at age 8; dreamed of being an Olympic pole vaulter in his youth.
- Was painfully shy in college but when he stood up in front of an English class and read an article about the recent assassination of President John F. Kennedy, he was encouraged by some of his peers to try acting.
- Took an acting class in Hollywood to overcome his insecurities.
- In 1970 he was cast as Philip Brent on All My Children.
- Replaced Michael Douglas on The Streets of San Francisco in 1976, and played a recurring character on Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman.
- Big break came in 1978 when he was cast as Captain Apollo on Battlestar Galactica.
- Is the only actor to appear on the original Battlestar Galactica series and the 2004 reboot.
- Has written a series of Battlestar Galactica novels.
- Is a motivational speaker.
- Is no relation to the Richard Hatch of Survivor fame.
- 1979, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- Jo Marie Hatch — Ex-wife
- Paul Michael Hatch — Son
- Attended Los Angeles Harbor College, Wilmington, CA
- Birth Name: Richard Lawrence Hatch
- Birth Place: Santa Monica, CA
- Birthday: May 21, 1945, Taurus
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
You'll never guess who Geena Davis was into in college