- In 1997, she won the John Lennon Songwriting Contest in the rock music category.
- In 2005, she originated the role of Nettie in the Broadway musical The Color Purple.
- Received two Daytime Emmy nominations for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series in 2006 and '07, for her role as One Life to Live's Evangeline Williamson.
- Has performed with Barry White, Patti Austin, Whitney Houston, Al Green, Mariah Carey, Faith Hill and Barry Manilow.
- 2015, Grammy — Best Musical Theater Album: Winner
- 2016, Tony — Actress (Featured Role--Musical): Winner
- Betty — Mother
- Benjamin — Son
- Brielle — Daughter
- Alexis Johnson — Husband
- Ryan — Brother
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States (BA in Theatre); University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, United States (MM in Vocal Jazz Performance)
- Birth Place: San Jose, California, United States
- Birthday: January 2, 1971, Capricorn
- Profession: Actor, Singer, Songwriter
Trending TonightSee all »
And one of Judith Light's most embarrassing moments