- Was born in the same hospital (although 10 years later) as her 24 husband, Carlos Bernard.
- Studied neural science in college.
- Made her professional stage debut in a Springfield (IL) production of West Side Story.
- Was noticed by ABC talent scouts while acting in a 1992 Seattle stage production of Peter Pan, leading to a move to New York and her TV debut in One Life to Live in 1993.
- Auditioned for two roles on 24 (Nina Meyers and Kate Warner)before being offered the role of Michelle Dessler.
- In addition to 2004 and 2005 Screen Actors Guild Award ensemble nominations for 24, was nominated for a 2004 Cinescape Genre Face of the Future Award.
- Was excited to be a semiregular on ER (2007-08) since it gave the Chicago native a chance to visit her hometown.
- Mother was a head administrator at a jail for 10 years.
- Of Dutch, Welsh and Japanese ancestry.
- Ardent rodeo fan.
- 2004, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2002, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Kiefer Sutherland — Ex-significant Other
- Attended University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Birth Place: Evanston, IL
- Birthday: December 9, 1972, Sagittarius
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Grey's Anatomy is obviously a big influence on Tay Tay