Rebecca Mader Celebrity
Like most of her English compatriots, Mader honed her acting skills on stage. But with her striking looks, it wasn't long before she moved into modeling, working around the globe before signing with Ford Models stateside. In the early 2000s, Mader transiti… (more)
Birth Place: Cambridge, England
Birthday: February 28, 1979,
Profession: Actor, Model
Like most of her English compatriots, Mader honed her acting skills on stage. But with her striking looks, it wasn't long before she moved into modeling, working around the globe before signing with Ford Models stateside. In the early 2000s, Mader transitioned into acting on television by landing TV guest spots. She worked on several soap operas and was offered a contract role on All My Children in 2003, but she turned it down in favor of a 17-episode arc on the soap as English gangster Morgan Gordon. Three years later, the British beauty had a memorable turn as a fashion editor in the film The Devil Wears Prada. But it wasn't until 2008 when she got her big break: she joined the cast of the hit TV show Lost as cultural anthropologist Charlotte Lewis. Though the character was originally written as American, Mader convinced the producers to make her British, and her eight-episode stint soon grew to 20 episodes. Mader was not an avid fan of the series before she joined the cast, but she quickly caught up on the show by watching it on DVD. Like so many characters on Lost, Charlotte ultimately met an untimely death, but the same cannot be said for Mader's career. Post-Lost, she looked to the big screen, where her projects included portraying Ewan McGregor's ex-wife in The Men Who Stare at Goats (2009). When comparing modeling to acting, Mader said the pressure to be thin eased a little for her in the latter profession, though she does believe the media puts pressure on women in the Western world to look perfect. And the perfect role for her? That of a bad girl---something she relishes playing.
- Became a successful model at 16 years old and later signed with the Ford Modeling Agency.
- Appeared as Eve in a 2003 Barely There lingerie commercial shot by famous photographer Richard Avedon.
- Was on three soap operas; turned down a contract role on All My Children and instead accepted a 17-episode arc as English gangster Morgan Gordon.
- As a model, she wore a fat suit for a Today show segment that examined how overweight people were treated.
- Suggested that her character on Lost be British (the character was originally written as American).
- Was initially hired to appear on only eight episodes of Lost, but wound up appearing in 20 episodes.
- Marcus Kayne — Fiancé
- Joe Arongino — Ex-husband
Trending TonightSee all »
By 20th Century FoxUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $24.99 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
By HBO StudiosUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $34.96 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $0.00 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)