- Won multiple beauty-pageant titles in her teens, including Miss La Jolla and Miss San Diego.
- Briefly worked as a weather forecaster at a San Diego TV station.
- Had a minor role in the 1964 Elvis Presley film Roustabout.
- Auditioned for the role of Mary Ann on Gilligan's Island, and was originally slated to play the part, until the show's creator, Sherwood Schwartz, met Dawn Wells.
- Breakout film role was as a bikini-clad cavewoman in the 1966 prehistoric fantasy One Million Years B.C., in which she only spoke three words.
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1996.
- Released a memoir, Raquel: Beyond the Cleavage, in 2010.
- 1975, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Winner
- 1988, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- Tahnee Welch — Daughter
- Armand Tejada — Father
- Gayle Pate — Sister
- Damon Welch — Son
- Patrick Curtis — Ex-husband
- Andre Weinfeld — Ex-husband
- Richard Palmer — Husband (separated)
- Josephine Sarah Tejada — Mother
- Castillo Tejada — Brother
- James Westley Welch — Ex-husband
- Attended San Diego State College, San Diego, CA
- Birth Name: Jo Raquel Tejada
- Birth Place: Chicago, IL
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Can the Time After Time stars, who were nearly unrecognizable with facial hair, recognize other actors by only seeing their facial hair?