- Took up boxing while he was in the Army for six years (1982-88).
- Served as an alternate for the U.S. Olympic wrestling team in 1988, 1992 and 1996; was a semifinalist at the 2000 Olympic Trials.
- Named NCAA Division I All-American in wrestling three times.
- Placed second in the 1991 NCAA Division I Collegiate Championship in the 190-pound weight class for Oklahoma State University.
- Coached wrestling at Oregon State University.
- National Wrestling Hall of Fame inductee.
- Fourth UFC Hall of Fame inductee.
- Ryan Couture — Son
- Kim Couture — Ex-wife
- Caden Couture — Son
- Aimee Couture — Daughter
- Tricia — Ex-wife
- Oklahoma State University (BA in German)
Season 11, Episode 12
- Birth Name: Randy Duane Couture
- Birth Place: Lynnwood, WA
- Profession: Mixed-martial-arts fighter
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: