- Parents enrolled him in dance classes at age 3; he continued taking lessons until he was 18.
- Was discovered by an agent while doing an Al Jolson dance routine.
- Appeared in the last season of Eight Is Enough before landing his breakout role in The Karate Kid (1984).
- Made his Broadway debut in 1986 in Cuba & His Teddy Bear opposite Robert De Niro.
- Wrote and directed the 2002 short film Love Thy Brother, based on his own sibling rivalry with brother Steven as a child.
- Had a recurring role on Ugly Betty as Hilda's love interest, councilman Archie Rodriguez.
- Julia Macchio — Daughter
- Daniel Macchio — Son
- Rosalie Macchio — Mother
- Ralph Macchio — Father
- Phyllis Fierro — Wife
- Steven Macchio — Brother
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Ralph George Macchio
- Birth Place: Huntingdon, NY
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
New year calls for a clean slate