Rachel Weisz Celebrity
- Parents are from Eastern Europe; father is a Hungarian-born inventor; mother is an Austrian-born psychotherapist.
- Turned down a role in King David, starring Richard Gere, when she was 14.
- While at Cambridge, formed an avant-garde acting troupe called Talking Tongues.
- Received the London Critics' Circle Award for Most Promising Newcomer in 1994 for Design for Living.
- Was not in the third installment of The Mummy series because she had both scheduling difficulties and a newborn baby.
- Won Britain's 2010 Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actress for her role as Blanche DuBois in a revival of A Streetcar Named Desire.
- Signed on to be a L'Oréal Paris spokesperson on October 2010.
- Says doing an American accent is no longer difficult for her.
- Keeps her Oscar in her bathroom.
- Describes being an actor as a way of fulfilling her childhood dream of wanting to be a detective because she gets to "snoop into other people's lives."
- Has been called the muse of fashion designer Narciso Rodriguez.
- 2005, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Actress in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 2005, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Winner
- 2013, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama: Nominee
- 2005, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role: Winner
- 2011, Genie Awards — Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 1999, Genie Awards — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 2006, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Winner
- Alessandro Nivola — Ex-significant Other
- Ella — Stepdaughter
- Daniel Craig — Husband
- George Weisz — Father
- Darren Aronofsky — Ex-fiancé
- Henry Chance Aronofsky — Son
- Minnie Weisz — Sister
- Ruth Weisz — Mother
- University of Cambridge, Trinity College, Cambridge, England (BA in English)
Trending TonightSee all »
By Universal StudiosUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $39.99 (as of 12:54 AM UTC - more info)
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $1.99 (as of 12:54 AM UTC - more info)
By "Charlie Rose, Inc."Usually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $24.95 (as of 12:54 AM UTC - more info)