- Played football in high school until his senior year, when he quit the team to begin acting in plays.
- Got his start in the movies with an uncredited appearance as an extra in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid in 1969.
- Was the only actor to show up at the 1980 Emmys to pick up his award during a Screen Actors Guild strike.
- Narrated political ads for John McCain during the 2008 presidential campaign.
- Raises Quarter Horses.
- 1980, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Special: Winner
- 1995, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2006, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Acting Ensemble: Nominee
- 2006, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Tommy Dale Boothe — Brother
- Riley Vestal Boothe — Brother
- Merrill V. Booth — Father
- Pamela Boothe — Wife
- Parisse Boothe — Daughter
- Preston Allen Boothe — Son
- Emily K. Booth — Mother
- Southwest Texas State University, San Marcos, TX; Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX (MFA, 1972)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Powers Allen Booth
- Birth Place: Snyder, TX
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Can the Time After Time stars, who were nearly unrecognizable with facial hair, recognize other actors by only seeing their facial hair?