The star of all of her high school's musicals, Piper Perabo moved to New York post-college seeking to break into the business and soon landed a Skittles commercial. But 2000 was her breakthrough year as she snagged a pair of high-profile roles. Although both The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle — a live-action incarnation of the beloved cartoon — and Coyote Ugly — a cheesy romantic comedy about stripping bartenders — were critically lambasted, the latter was a minor hit and earned Perabo her share of fans. The up-and-coming starlet continued to work steadily, appearing in B-movies of all genres: wacky comedies (Slap Her... She's French), horror flicks (The Cave) and family films (both Cheaper by the Dozens). In 2009 she turned her attention to the stage, making her Broadway debut as a wife to a philandering husband in Neil LaBute's Reasons to Be Pretty. But it didn't take long for her to return to the screen, this time on TV, as a newbie CIA agent in USA's Covert Affairs. Offscreen, Perabo is an avid reader and music lover.
- Born of a Norwegian mother and Portuguese father.
- Named after actress Piper Laurie, though her parents strongly considered naming her India Star instead.
- Reportedly beat out Britney Spears and Jewel for the role of Jersey in Coyote Ugly.
- Won a 2001 MTV Movie Award for Best Music Moment after singing "One Way or Another" in Coyote Ugly.
- Co-owned a New York City club called Employees Only (EO), which is fronted by a psychic parlor.
- Made her Broadway debut in Neil LaBute's Reasons to Be Pretty in 2009.
- Enjoys classical music, her favorite piece being Chopin's "Nocturne in E Minor."
- 2011, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- Adam Perabo — Brother
- Mary Ulland — Mother
- George Perabo — Father
- Noah Perabo — Brother
- Stephen T. Kay — Husband
- Sam Rockwell — Ex-significant Other
- Ohio University, Athens, Ohio, United States (BFA in Acting, 1998)